This summer our church is hosting Voyage Day Camp on our campus. We are excited to partner with Oklahoma United Methodist Camps to offer an exciting daycamp for families in our area. We are looking for host homes to house 3 or more college students from June 2- June 9th. We need enough host homes for 15 staff members (usually 5 homes depending on how many staff members each home can house). Each home should be willing to take a minimum of 3 staff.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A HOST FAMILY?
• Our staff will love that each family is unique. We’re looking for families that will invite us into their real lives (the kitchen doesn’t have to be spotless and your pets don’t have to be perfect).
• Willing to provide a place of rest and encouragement for the staff.
• Sleeping space in bedrooms or finished basements. We want to get as many staff off the floor as possible during our summer travels.
• Housing from Saturday evening arrival on June 2 through the following Saturday morning departure on June 9th.
• Families who can provide dinner on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. In general, staff will return to host homes by 5:30 pm on those evenings.
• Breakfast daily—Staff will need to eat breakfast before arriving on site at 7 am. We realize mornings are crazy (and our staff get up early) so please provide something quick and simple for breakfast. Cereal, bagels, fruit, etc. are great options and can be left accessible if you are not around (or not quite out of bed!)
If you are interested in being a host home, please email megan@fumcedmond,org to fill out the host home questionnaire.