Seeker’s Circle is hosting a “Project Morning” this coming Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in Room B118. In October, our unit began a New Day Camp project for 100 wooden hearts/shapes and 100 drawstring bags. These are AGAPE - gifts to every child at camp that our UMW ladies will have made and prayed over, sharing our love in a very tangible way with these children of incarcerated parents. We got a great start, but we need 100 bags, so we still have some work to do.
(1) Sewing machines and people to sew - (need confirmation of specifically who can sew and who has a machine for us to use).
(2) 12 inch square scraps of fabric - cotton or polyester work best (nothing fuzzy or that ravels easily).
(3) 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch ribbon - all colors.
(4) Fine-tip colored Sharpies - (these will be included in the group leader bags for the children to use at camp).
On Saturday, April 21, we will:
(1) Cut fabric and ribbon for bags (using a pattern).
(2) Sew bags and thread ribbon.
(3) Make “sample” hearts (they have already been painted).
(4) Sort materials into cabin bags (Ziplocs) for small group camp leaders.
Please RSVP by e-mail to Ellen Lyons (email@example.com) or text (405) 820-7729. We hope all of our circles are represented in helping to get this project completed.